Court to continue hearing on Friday
[Nellie N Manpoong]
NAHARLAGUN, Nov 8: Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) Secretary Taru Talo on Thursday said the commission is prepared to conduct the mains of the Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Combined Competitive Examination (APPSCCE) as scheduled.
While the secretary was positive that the case would not be extended anymore, he said the conduct of the examination depends on the court’s decision.
Earlier in the afternoon, the Itanagar permanent bench of the Gauhati High Court extended the decision on the APPSCCE due to shortage of time, and said it would continue the hearing on 9 November.
The single-bench judge heard the counsels representing the petitioners (aggrieved candidates) and the respondents (APPSC) at the high court here on Thursday.
The 221 candidates of various other subjects also filed a contempt petition against the APPSC for giving a ‘false statement’ in its affidavit in opposition on 6 October, and for not addressing all of their grievances.
The mains qualified candidates on their part requested the court to protect their candidature, irrespective of the outcome of the case.
Nearly half of the mains qualified candidates who have been seeking postponement of the examination also said they would hold a democratic movement at IG Park here on Friday.
They said their counsel could not place his argument in full to seek postponement of the mains examination due to paucity of time in the court on Thursday.