Pioneer Electronics (USA) introduced the SPH-10BT, a single-DIN in-dash digital media receiver designed for seamless connectivity and in-vehicle entertainment. With direct access buttons to initiate specific functions or commands, synchronised illumination and compatibility with Pioneer Smart Sync, the SPH-10BT represents Pioneer’s continued efforts to integrate the power and features of the smartphone into automotive aftermarket products.
The SPH-10BT also includes a built-in, rotatable smartphone cradle, a first for Pioneer, designed to provide a secure mounting solution and fully integrates the smartphone with the in-dash receiver. Once placed in this cradle, the user’s smartphone becomes visually combined with the SPH-10BT, revolutionising the user experience.
Pioneer Smart Sync transforms compatible iPhone or Android smartphones into a high-resolution LCD in-dash display for Pioneer Smart Sync driving functions when paired with select Bluetooth-enabled Pioneer audio and digital media receivers, including the SPH-10BT. This powerful combination provides both a larger display for the user interface and touch control for simpler and more intuitive control of the in-dash receiver.
“The single-DIN chassis size is almost universal, with the ability to be installed in both older and newer vehicles. However, given its compact size, a single-DIN receiver often lacks a large touchscreen or the ability to integrate well with the smartphone,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for Pioneer Electronics (USA). “The SPH-10BT offers a very unique solution by integrating the smartphone both electronically and physically.”
The SPH-10BT is also compatible with Pioneer’s ND-PS1 rear parking sensors. When connected with the sensors installed in the rear vehicle bumper, the SPH-10BT provides audible object warnings and visual indicators on both the in-dash receiver and the Pioneer Smart Sync app.
- Integrated smartphone cradle
- Anti-theft detachable panel
- Six hard-key buttons providing access to favorite functions:
- Source Change – to switch between music sources
- Voice Control – for quick and easy commands while driving
- Navigation – for direct access to your favorite navigation apps
- Messages – one-touch access to read out incoming messages
- Phone Book – to make and receive calls via Bluetooth
- Pioneer Smart Sync – launch and navigate back to the app
- Customizable UI – Personalize the look and feel of the receiver to match your mood
- MIXTRAX – Keep the party going with a non-stop mix of your music library complete with DJ-inspired effects and club-style illumination
- Bluetooth Compatibility – Built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
- HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 produces significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations by increasing the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubling the sampling frequency (now 16kHz). The result is clearer and more distinct sound for both the user and the call recipient.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can search album content over the Bluetooth wireless connection. iPhone owners can search through their playlists, artists, songs, and genres over Bluetooth. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through folders containing media through folder type and browse in media content folders. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
- USB Connectivity
- Quick charge for Android
- Rear-parking sensor input – For use with Pioneer’s optional ND-PS1 rear parking sensors
- FLAC - Enjoy lossless digital audio files in your vehicle with playback output at CD quality, without the need to convert.
- 31-Band EQ when used with the Pioneer Smart Sync app, 13-Band EQ when used without a smartphone.
The SPH-10BT will be available in February globally with a suggested price of $150.