1.India is the world’s oldest, largest and continuous civilization - The Indus Civilization.
2.India has more than 300,000 active mosques. This outnumbers any other country in the world, even the Muslim countries.
3.India is the second largest English speaking country in the world – 125,226,449 numbers of English speakers.
4.India is the 7th largest country in the world and the largest democracy.
5.The City Montessori School, in Lucknow, is the world’s largest school in terms of students with over 55,000 inductees.
6.India is the world’s largest milk producer, with 16 percent of global production, followed by the United States of America, China, Pakistan, and Brazil.
7.India leads the world with the largest number of films.
8.Over 4700 daily newspapers in more than 300 languages are produced in India.
9.‘Zero’ in the number system was introduced by a mathematician from India. His name was Aryabhatta.
10. The Human Calculator, Shakuntala Devi is a math prodigy from India. She could calculate 7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779 and provided the correct answer in mere 28 seconds.
11.Chess was invented in India.
12.Apart from U.S. and Japan, only India has built a super computer indigenously.
13.Yoga originated from India and is still in existence for over 5000 years.
14.Calculus, Trigonometry, and Algebra originated in India.
15.The decimal system and place value system were developed in India around 100 B.C.
16.90 countries from all over the world buy software from India.
17. Takshila, the first ever university in the world started around 700 BC in India.
18.India has the world’s largest attended events. The biggest of which is ‘Kumbha Mela’ of 2001 – attended by 60 million people and was seen from space.
19.More than 54 crore people voted in 2014 general elections. This is more than the entire population of the U.S., U.K., Japan, and Australia combined.
20. India’s space program is among the top five space programs in the world despite having budget constraints.
21. The Brihadeswara Temple is situated in Tamil Nadu is the first granite temple of the world. It was built in just five years during the 11th century.
22. Before the 18th century, India was one of the richest countries in the world.
23. India has the biggest population of vegetarians in the world.
24.India is the world’s largest importer of arms but it has never invaded or attacked any country.
25. India was the first to find traces of water on the Moon. India’s first Moon Satellite Chandrayaan-1 took the honor.
26.There is only one-time zone across all of India.
27.Cricket is India’s most popular sport while field hockey is another sport where the countrymen excel. Did you know that the India men’s national field hockey team won six consegold medals in Olympics between 1928 and 1956?
Hope you found it useful.
Jai Hind, Jai Bharat